The Cranberry Township Police Department will join other law enforcement agencies across the country in accepting unwanted or unused medications during the annual Drug Take-Back event.
Scheduled from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. April 24 in the rear parking lot of the municipal center at 2525 Rochester Road, the event will offer a secure, safe process to dispose of unused, unwanted or expired medications.
Social distancing measures will be in place.
Follow these guidelines:
- Dispose of medications in the original container or by removing the medication from its container and disposing of it directly into the disposal box.
- Please remove any identifying information if disposing in original container.
- If disposing of vape pens or other e-cigarette devices, remove batteries. If you cannot remove the battery, check with chain stores, which may accept the vape pen or e-cigarette for proper disposal.
- Liquid products such as cough syrup should remain sealed in their original containers. Ensure the cap is tightly sealed.
- Intravenous solutions, injectables and syringes will not be accepted because of potential hazards posed by blood-borne pathogens.