Mars Area School Board
ADAMS TWP — Mars Area School Board approved several items Aug. 2 in preparation for the 2019-20 school year. An executive session was held before and after the meeting for personnel and legal matters.
The board unanimously approved:
- Scott Bowes as assistant boys and girls cross country coach, with a $3,547 stipend
- The resignation of paraprofessional Gretchen Bleakney, effective Aug. 26
- Jodi Rupert as a long-term substitute for first- grade teacher Emily Diani from the beginning of the school year through Nov. 8
- The resignation of maintenance worker Lou Clause, effective Sept. 16
- Teachers Kiley Shine, Matthew Richards, Stephanie King, Susan McElheny and Sheela Miller as mentors for newly hired teachers
- Julie Soety, Bastian Parker-Welborn, Ashleigh Parker-Welborn and Wendy Lardin as bus drivers for A.J. Myers & Sons.
- Purchasing furniture (work benches, cabinets, etc.) for the middle school robotics lab from Hann Manufacturing Inc. via PEPPM Cooperative Purchasing for $20,955
- A high school student enrolling in a face-to-face course
- Independent volunteers to take part in district activities
- Mars Backstop Club as a school-affiliated organization.