MARS – Mars Area Public Library, 107 Grand Ave, will offer several events in the coming weeks.
- Story Tots is set at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday and July 31 and Aug. 7 and 14. The program introduces children ages 1 to 3 to books, rhymes, music, and other fun activities while helping them learn to read by increasing their vocabulary, phonological awareness, and other literacy skills.
- Baby Bounce and Play is scheduled at 10:30 a.m. Friday and Aug. 2, 16 and 23. The program starts literacy and early learning skills for children from birth to 18 months old. It features a story, rhymes, lap bounces and songs followed by play and parent talk.
- At 1 p.m. July 31, the library will offer “A Universe of Stories.” Storyteller Alan Irvine presents stories featuring the solar system, from around the world, to children in grades 1 to 6.
- Karen's Art Studio offers free hands-on classes for children on Aug. 1
First, children will learn about famous artists and their methods. Then, they will create their own art, imitating the masters. These classes are geared for children in kindergarten through third grade, accompanied by an adult.
- A Story Walk to the Mars Train Station is set at 11 a.m. Aug. 7. All ages are invited to listen to stories and walk from the library to the Grand Avenue Park and then to the Train Station, where pizza will be offered for lunch. The station will be open for train rides. The caboose and museum also will be open to explore.
- “Create with Canva: Marketing and Design 101 will be offered at 1 p.m. Aug. 12.
Participants can bring their own computer and an idea for a flyer. They will learn how to use Canva, a free and low-cost tool that can be used to create a variety of marketing materials.
To register for these free programs, call 724-625-9048.