Double Wide Grill closed after fire
Published:
April 15, 2018
Save
Print
Click for larger picture

A small fire in the kitchen of the Double Wide Grill in Adams Township has closed the restaurant for an unknown amount of time.

A fire that originated in a wood-burning stove triggered a smoke detector at 9:12 p.m. Saturday, according to Butler County Emergency Services.

The fire was put out by an employee who used a fire extinguisher, but fire companies responded to clear the building of smoke and make sure the burning was out, fire officials said.

Adams Fire District responded and was assisted at the scene by the Cranberry Township department.

The restaurant, which is normally open seven days a week, did not reopen Sunday.

Restaurant management could not be reached for comment.